This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons on whom The Minster Gallery holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means The Minster Gallery, and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates. We are the data controller and we operate our website www.minstergallery.com (our site).
Information we collect:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language;
- information related to your attendance of, and interest in, The Minster Gallery’s exhibitions, events and art fairs;
- information about you that you give us in person at our exhibitions, events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our site www.minstergallery.com (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and
- information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services.
Ways we collect information about you:
We collect the information you give to us when you purchase any art work or visit us at the Gallery or art fairs, when you use the forms on our website, and when you contact us by phone or email directly.
Use of the information we collect:
We use your information to:
- provide information about our art work and services to you;
- keep you informed about art work, artist news, exhibitions and events that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you;
- improve and enhance our online services and keep our site safe and secure;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security and to check your identity.
Credit card and bank details are only stored for the processing of payment and are deleted once payment has been processed.
Legal basis for processing:
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us;
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children or request personal information from them. If you are under 18, please request your parents/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the website. Without permission, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on The Minster Gallery’s business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information:
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to amend your personal data;
- to ask us to delete your personal data;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data;
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will respond within a reasonable period.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about The Minster Gallery’s exhibitions, events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, by contacting the Gallery or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing us at email@example.com.
How long will we keep Your information?
We will keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites:
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. We do not share your personal information with these sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. Please check their policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy:
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check from time to time for updates or changes to our policy.
24 November 2020